- $59,318 Young Child Falls In Open Elevator Shaft
- $2,000,000 Confidential
- $650,000 Defective Chair Causes Severe Neck Injury
- $401,213 Client Discovers Uneven Floors At Their Newly Built Home
- $375,000 Young Client Bit On Her Lip By Neighbor’s Dog.
Let Us Pursue Compensation on Your Behalf After a Brain Injury in Charleston
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can be caused by physical trauma from a wide range of accidents, such as car accidents, falls, physical assault, sporting events, and more. These injuries can also range in severity. They can be mild, or they can be moderate or severe, resulting in lasting problems or even death. At Allen Law, our Charleston personal injury attorney could provide the experienced representation and knowledgeable legal counsel you need during this difficult time. Call our law office today at (843) 882-5005 to schedule a free initial case evaluation.
People move at the speed of trust, and we aim to ensure our clients fully trust us with their case.”
- Julian Allen
Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Many accidents can lead to severe TBI. Some of the most common causes include:
- Car accidents: If your head strikes the steering wheel, dashboard, or another solid object, or even if you are shaken so violently by the collision that it results in trauma to the brain, this can have serious consequences. Always be sure to seek medical attention after being involved in a car accident, even if the injuries are not visible.
- Truck accidents: Given the size and weight of a truck, these accidents are often more catastrophic, leading to permanent disabilities due to brain trauma.
- Bicycle accidents: Even with a helmet and proper safety gear, bicyclists are very vulnerable and could sustain a TBI in an accident.
- Motorcycle accidents: Similarly, many motorcycle accidents are very severe, especially when going at higher speeds. If you are injured in a motorcycle accident that is caused by someone else’s negligence, you need a personal injury lawyer to represent you.
What Are the Symptoms of a Severe Traumatic Brain Injury?
Those who have sustained a traumatic brain injury experience a wide range of symptoms, some of which could impact their ability to carry out day-to-day tasks.
These are some of the ways in which a TBI could impact your life:
- Problems with thinking and using logical reasoning
- Difficulty with a variety of senses, including hearing, taste, vision, and smell.
- Numbness or loss of sensation
- Issues with internal balance
- You may have trouble communicating or making sounds
- Changes in personality, including aggression
- Inability to express emotions
- Impulse control issues
In severe cases, TBI could lead to a coma or permanent vegetative state.
Recovering Compensation for a Traumatic Brain Injury
Given the severity of TBI and the debilitating symptoms one may experience, compensation could be extensive in such cases.
TBI victims could potentially recover:
- The cost of medical treatment, including the ambulance ride, emergency room services, hospitalization, diagnostic services, surgery, surgical aftercare, follow-up appointments, and prescription medication.
- The cost of rehabilitation services, such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, and counseling. If you need any assistive devices, compensation could cover this as well.
- Lost wages in cases where accident victims must take time from work and reduced earning capacity for those who can no longer work as a result of their injuries.
- The cost of household services, such as a personal assistant, nanny, or other forms of help that are necessary due to your injuries.
- Compensation can also cover non-economic losses, such as the emotional impact of a TBI. It also covers the physical pain associated with this injury.
Discuss Your Case with a Knowledgeable Charleston Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were involved in an accident that was caused by negligence and it resulted in a serious TBI, now is the time to consult with an experienced Charleston brain injury lawyer. At Allen Law, our legal team is committed to helping accident victims and could provide the knowledgeable counsel and compassionate support you need to navigate your case.
Call our law office today at (843) 882-5005 for a free initial case review.