- $59,318 Young Child Falls In Open Elevator Shaft
- $2,000,000 Confidential
- $650,000 Defective Chair Causes Severe Neck Injury
- $401,213 Client Discovers Uneven Floors At Their Newly Built Home
- $375,000 Young Client Bit On Her Lip By Neighbor’s Dog.
Let Us Fight for the Compensation You Deserve After a Charleston Water Park Accident
Water parks are great places for families to have fun, enjoying all of what these parks offer. As wonderful as water parks can be, they are not without risks and dangers. If you sustained any injuries while visiting a water park Charleston, now is the time to reach out to an attorney to discuss filing a premises liability claim.
At Allen Law in Charleston, we are committed to fighting on behalf whose injuries were caused by negligence. Attorney Allen is highly skilled and experienced in handling premises liability cases and will work diligently to pursue the compensation you deserve. Call our law office today at (843) 882-5005 to schedule a free initial consultation.
As a smaller client-focused firm, we treat clients as real people — not file numbers”
- Julian Allen
Common Types of Water Park Accidents
Many types of accidents can occur at a water park, which often stem from negligence.
These are some of the most common water park accidents:
- Slip and fall accidents: Given the nature of water parks, there are many slippery surfaces and, when rides have poor transitions, the risk of a slip and fall accident is even higher.
- Drowning accidents: If a water park lacks the appropriate staff, including lifeguard staff, it can result in drowning accidents.
- Water treatment accidents: If too much chlorine or other toxic chemicals are present in a water park, it can lead to injuries.
- Water slide accidents: Water slides can be exhilarating, but if they are poorly designed and unsafe, people can get hurt.
To have a viable personal injury claim, negligence must be proven. When the water park or its employees are negligent, accidents can happen, resulting in severe or even catastrophic injuries.
Liability in Water Park Accidents
Water park accident cases can be exceptionally complex due to the potential number of defendants and causes of action involved. If the owner or operator of the water park acted negligently, resulting in the accident that caused your injuries, this would be a premises liability case. However, if the manufacturers of a ride were responsible for your injuries, this is a product liability matter. Other parties that may be liable for your injuries include water park attendants and a third-party company that provides services for the park.
Regardless of who is at fault for your injuries, it must be proven that duty of care was breached and ultimately resulted in the accident.
Steps to Take After a Charleston Water Park Accident
Much like any other accident, it is essential to begin gathering documentation and evidence that can help support your claim. Here are some steps you should follow:
- Document the accident scene by taking pictures of the area where the accident occurred. If anyone witnessed the accident, take down their name and contact information.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Not only is this step important for your physical well-being, but it will also help support your claim by creating a paper trail of evidence.
- Do not admit fault or sign any documents until you consult with a personal injury attorney.
- Reach out to a Charleston personal injury lawyer to discuss the details of your case.
Compensation for Water Park Accidents
No two water park accidents are alike, so the compensation every survivor is awarded will vary. However, compensation generally covers:
- Medical treatment, including future expenses you might incur due to the water park accident.
- Missed wages or loss of earning capacity caused by a disability you have as a result of the accident.
- Pain and suffering, including anxiety, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment, and loss of consortium.
The severity of your injuries and whether or not you are likely to achieve a full recovery will greatly impact compensation.
Speak to an Experienced Premises Liability Attorney in Charleston Today!
If you sustained injuries while visiting a water park, you should not hesitate to contact an attorney, so you can pursue the compensation you need to get back on your feet. At Allen Law, our Charleston premises liability attorney has more than a decade of legal and trial experience. Moreover, we handle cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you will not pay us unless we win your case. Call us today at (843) 882-5005 for a free consultation.