- $59,318 Young Child Falls In Open Elevator Shaft
- $2,000,000 Confidential
- $650,000 Defective Chair Causes Severe Neck Injury
- $401,213 Client Discovers Uneven Floors At Their Newly Built Home
- $375,000 Young Client Bit On Her Lip By Neighbor’s Dog.
Hurt in a Charleston Golf Cart Accident?
Our founding attorney, Julian Allen, is a former insurance defense lawyer. This experience has given him insight into how the “other side” works in his representation of injured people. He has been named among the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, awarded membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®.
We offer a free consultation to Charleston car accident victims with no time limit and work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay us no fees until we recover compensation for you. If you or your loved one has been seriously injured in a golf cart accident, contact Allen Law at (843) 882-5005.
As a smaller client-focused firm, we treat clients as real people — not file numbers”
- Julian Allen
Representing Golf Cart Crash Injury Victims
Originally, golf carts were only used on golf courses, as a way for golfers to get from one hole to the next without walking. Today their uses have expanded considerably. These vehicles can now be seen in beach and gated residential communities, country clubs, and even in downtown Charleston. Although they may provide a convenient and economical way to get around, golf carts can also pose a risk for both their occupants and others on the roadways.
What Makes Golf Carts So Risky?
Certain characteristics of golf carts may increase the risk of a crash:
- They move slower than other vehicles, prompting other drivers to whip around them.
- Golf carts often lack safety features, such as seat belts and turn signals.
- Similar to ATVs, they have higher centers of gravity, which makes them more prone to roll over.
- Designed for light use, golf carts can be dangerous when used for hauling heavy objects.
How Do Most Golf Cart Accidents Occur?
Golf cart accidents can happen in many different ways, including:
- Drunk driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Backing up collisions
- Riders falling or being thrown off the cart
- Pedestrian accidents
- Golf carts being sideswiped or rear-ended by other vehicles
- Rollover accidents
How Do Negligent Drivers Cause Golf Cart Accidents?
Most golf cart accidents involve some type of driver negligence. Examples include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to yield the right of way to other vehicles
- Unsafe lane changes (when other drivers quickly pass slow-moving golf carts)
- Distracted driving
- Mechanical failure (caused by failure to maintain the vehicle)
- Loss of control because of improper braking on a downhill slope (which can cause the cart to roll over)
Who Can Seek Compensation for a Golf Cart Crash?
When someone else’s negligence causes a golf cart accident, injured parties are entitled to seek compensation. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the crash, injured parties may include:
- Pedestrian hit by a golf cart
- Golf cart passenger
- Golf cart driver
- Passengers of another vehicle
- Driver of another vehicle if the golf cart driver caused the crash
What Types of Compensation Are Available for Golf Cart Accidents?
After a serious golf cart accident that was someone else’s fault, you have a right to seek compensation for your losses, which will depend on the nature and extent of your injuries. Among others, your damages may include past and future medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earning potential, and pain and suffering. Our Charleston golf cart accident attorney can assess the full extent of your losses.
How Can a Charleston Personal Injury Lawyer Help?
Your best chance of recovering the compensation you deserve after a serious golf cart crash is to have an experienced car accident attorney by your side. We can investigate your accident to determine fault and liability and secure evidence to support your claim. We have the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a strong case based on the facts, negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf, and fight for your rights in trial if necessary.
If you or a loved one have sustained injuries in a golf cart accident, contact Charleston car accident attorney Julian Allen at (843) 882-5005 right away for help!